Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SING ALONG WITH ME

I grew up in a family of singers. My parents always sang in ward choirs.  My older brothers and sisters participated in school choruses and Madrigals.  In fact, since my father wasn't much for athletic activities, chorus and Madrigals was about all the was acceptable.

When I started junior high, I took girls chorus.  I wasn't too fond of the teacher, but I loved chorus.  We sang a variety of music and I learned a lot about choral singing.  In the ninth grade, I was a member of an audition only group called the Musettes.  We practiced outside of regular class time and performed for various events in the community.

I continued with school choruses until I graduated.  By the time I was a senior, I was singing with the A Capella choir and was a member of the Madrigals.  Many of my best memories of my teenage years are from chorus.   It was also good training for my adult years.

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember that we even had a ward youth choir that practiced on Sunday afternoons, led by Quentin West, as I recall? Or did we still have it by the time your were in MIA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do now. I also remember that the Ward Youth Choir sang a couple of musical numbers at the funeral of Robert Cutler. It was my first experience with a funeral.

    ReplyDelete