Saturday, May 14, 2011

SCHOOL DAYS PICTURES

In a previous post, I wrote about being vertically challenged.  This series of school class pictures prove it.  I won't be too hard to find if you look for the shortest girl - even if she's kneeling.  These pictures are also a photo history of kid's clothing back in the olden days.  And if you study the pictures, you'll find many of the same kids in my class - year after year.  You'll also notice that this is an extremely white group of children.  There were only Caucasian kids in my school until I was in the 8th grade. It wasn't until the 11th grade that there was an African American student in some of my classes and she was the only one in the entire student body.

Second Grade - 1953
Third Grade - 1954


Fourth Grade - 1955
Fifth Grade - 1956
Eighth Grade - 1960
 Did you find the shrimp in all these pictures?  In the 2nd grade picture, I'm on the back row at the right end.  In the 3rd grade, you'll find me kneeling in the middle row between a boy and a girl.  Look for me in the 4th grade picture on the back row at the right end.   In the 5th grade picture, I'm the one kneeling on the middle row wearing a dress with a white collar.  In the 8th grade picture, once again, I'm on the back row on the right end.

I wonder where all these kids are now.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see how young and slender these teachers were compared to how we thought of them at the time. The boys mostly look like they could be from classrooms today; the girls not so much. By seventh grade the clothing and hair styles are obviously early 60's.

    ReplyDelete